The Liebster Award is a peer recognition award for up and coming bloggers. This award is a great way to get noticed as a new blogger and provides an opportunity to help connect with other new bloggers and help support them in getting recognized as well.
The rules are as follows:
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2) Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
3) Nominate 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4) Tell your nominees through social media.
5) Ask 11 new questions for your nominees.
Thank you so much YNA THE MOOD READER for nominating me on this award! Not only is Yna a mood reader like me, but she is from the beautiful Philippines, spends her time taking care of her furbaby Munchie who is SO CUTE, and fangirling over one direction, and a huge Harry Potter fan, LIKE ME! Thank you so much for this nomination/award! Below are questions she has asked her nominees!
- What made you start writing about books?
- I started writing about books in 2017. I’ve always been an avid reader, but then I discovered bookstagram, which then lead me to goodreads, which then lead me to wordpress book blogging! I’ve always loved the idea of writing reviews, so I knew having a blog where I can talk about whatever I want with book reviews would be fun for me! Instagram/Bookstagram is my created outlet, while my blog/writing reviews exercises my brain!
- What is your favorite Ice Cream flavor?
- Vanilla with caramel ribbons! It seems so simple, but it’s the best there is!
- What is your Hogwarts House?
- GRYFFINDOR BABY! We are actually holding a #housecupreadathon19 over on Instagram where we have a certain amount of members per Hogwarts House; every 100 pages you read gets your house 10 points! Finishing a book is like catching the snitch and its 150 points! The winning house gets a prize! It’s so fun!
- Who are your top 3 favorite authors?
- Brandon Sanderson (The Mistborn Series), JKR (Harry Potter), and Jay Kristoff (The Nevernight Chronicles)
- What are the top 5 most used apps on your phone?
- Instagram, Lightroom, Mail, iMessage, and Kindle reading app!
- What is the best thing about the city you were born in?
- Honestly I’m not sure! I was born in Madrid, Spain and we left when I was 2! I don’t know much about it. I grew up in Kansas City, MO and I love it! We have that stereotypical Midwest kindness! We also have the Kansas City Chiefs!
- What is one book that you wish you can experience reading again for the first time?
- I wish I could experience The Illuminae files audiobooks all over again! They are so unique and incredible! An experience unlike any other in the literary world!
- What is one fictional universe you would want to spend your life in?
- The Wizarding World! There’s nothing I would want more. I want to be able to fly on a broomstick, conjure spells, go to the Three Broomsticks, check out the Joke Shop in Diagon Alley… so much to do! So much to explore. Not to mention, HOGWARTS!
- What is a decision you regret doing?
- Not traveling more when I had the chance. I held back, I let my anxiety take choices away from me. But now, I have a healthy and fun marriage, 2 awesome kids, and I am ready! We love to go places!
- If you could have a never-ending candle that smelled like anything you wanted, what fragrance would you want it to be?
- It would be a candle by Wick and Jane (www.wickandjane.com). It’s her Rhysand candle. It smells like Cypress, Sea Salt, and Citrus and it’s the most amazing smelling candle ever. It is so clean and fresh. It smells like you’ve just emerged from the forest next to the ocean on a misty morning.
- What are you looking forward to in the coming months?
- I am really looking forward to Christmas this year. My youngest son is old enough to experience it for the first time. He was too young last year. I can’t wait to see his face light up with all of the presents under the tree! We always get a tree that’s around 13 feet tall because we have 20 ft ceilings! It’s incredible!
Here are my nominees for this Award in no particular order! No pressure y’all! Don’t feel like you have to participate! This is just for fun and I want to highlight your blogs for others to find! I’m supposed to nominate blogs who have less than 200 followers but I have no idea how to figure that out so I just picked a bunch!
- Appraised Fiction
- Moon Creations Blog
- Chelsea Reads
- Em Hoards Books
- Kattitude Reads
- Bookish Tiffany
- The Elder Books
- Allison in Bookland
- Mind for Books
- Discover Elysian
Here are my 11 questions for you to answer if you wish!
- How long have you had your blog? What made you start?
- What motivates you to continue writing reviews?
- What are your favorite platforms for book recommendations?
- You are allowed one meal, whatever you want, regardless of cost – what is it?
- Explain your perfect day.
- How is your GoodReads goal coming along?
- What book do you feel is unique and unlike any other?
- What was your favorite book(s) of 2019 so far and what was your least favorite?
- Do you juggle reading multiple books at once or do you only read one at a time?
- What’s the longest you’ve ever sat in a car? Where were you going? Was it worth it?
- Tell me a way you can make today more positive than yesterday.
I hope you all enjoyed my answers! Let me know if you have any questions!!!