March was a pretty good reading month for me. I did a lot of re-reads but I also read a few ARCs! I was the most excited to read Aurora Rising! I ended up finishing 15 books, some I skimmed because I wasn’t interested but I wasn’t at the DNF point – I wanted to at least know what happened at the end! Below is my super tiny one or two line reviews for the books I read throughout March!
Did you read any of these books, too?
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (audio): 5/5 stars – This was a reread for me and I absolutely loved it the second time around. This is amazing space adventure full of twists and turns and the return of some of our old friends along with meeting some new friends!
- The Black Witch by Laurie Forest (audio): 3.5/5 stars – I liked this book but I didn’t love it. The pacing was kind of slow, the MC was pretty unlikable until the end. I am curious to see what happens next!
- This Savage Song by VE Schwab (audio): 5/5 stars – This was a reread. I absolutely loved This Savage Song. The world building and the concepts are totally unique. I love August Flynn so much!
- Our Dark Duet by VE Schwab (audio): 5/5 stars – Another reread! This is the continuation to This Savage Song. It wraps up the duology nicely but leaves the world open for more! I loved this universe!
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman (audio): 5/5 stars – This was a reread! I try to read Coraline once or twice a year. I really enjoy this dark children’s story and Neil’s whimsical way he narrates his stories.
- Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (e-ARC): 5/5 stars – One of my most anticipated reads of the year! This space adventure was just was the doctor ordered. The rag tag crew is full of banter and the story itself is just intense and exciting!
- Vengeance of Hope by P.J. Berman (physical/review): 4/5 stars – A physical ARC I reviewed upon request by the author. I really enjoyed this book, the strong female leads, and the political intrigue!
- The Casquette Girls by Alys Arden (audio): 3.5/5 stars – I listened to this book via audio and honestly.. I liked it but it was kind of underwhelming. I don’t really remember much of what happened.
- Soulfire by Juliette Cross (audio): 3/5 stars – A quick adult high fantasy novel! I love listening to these quick smutty reads after heavy books!
- Legend by Marie Lu (audio): 4/5 stars – A YA dystopian novel about a corrupt society spreading a disease to keep people under their control. I enjoyed this book but I don’t have much desire to read the other books in the series.
- The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson (ebook/physical): 5/5 stars – I absolutely LOVED this book! Brandon Sanderson has a way with his rich world building that sucks you in. It took me a while to get through this because every word matters. The twists and the turns keep you thinking about this world even when it’s over!
- A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab (audio): 5/5 stars – It took me a long time to finally read this book and once I got into it, I was hooked! I adored Lila Bard! I love the magic system!
- Tell me How You Really Feel by Aminah Mae Safi (ARC): 5/5 stars – I really loved this contemporary ARC. The MC are diverse, queer women and I just loved the 10 Things I Hate About You vibe I got!
- The Fever King by Victoria Lee (ebook/review): 3/5 stars – I had a hard time with this book. I think that the idea was there for the story but it wasn’t executed well. I’ll be reading the finished copy to see if anything changes. The magic system was different but a bit confusing.
- Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan (e-ARC): 4/5 stars – This book is a YA fantasy but reads similarly to an adult novel. It is dark with a unique magic system. I had quite a few questions by the end and will look forward to reading the completed copy!
Overall, I had an excellent reading month! I usually don’t reread many books but I buddy read a lot with my friend Kelli (IG: @starlightfaerytale) and we like to read each other’s favorite books! It makes reading so much more fun when you have a friend!